Monday, November 11, 2013

Liebster Award I

So I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award and decided that this would be a fun blog prompt and an interesting way to find more awesome blogs that deserve some more followers as well as a way to promote them and my own, and some of the blogs that I all ready do follow, too! So I graciously accept. It also gave me a chance to follow some new blogs myself, most of which I found through BooksBiscuitsandTea as well as TheBrokeandtheBookish blog prompts.

There seem to be many variations of the Rules for receiving the Liebster Award but I am just going with what my nominator posted. So they are as follows.


Rules for Accepting the Award:

Link back to the blog that nominated you.*
Answer the questions they set for the blogs they nominated.**
Nominate 10 blogs of your own, and be sure to let them know, with a link to your post!***
Ask 10 questions for the blogs you nominate to answer in their post.****

I'm adding this one: If you do accept, please send me a link to your post! :D


Questions from My Nominator, Rose*:**

1. How long have you been blogging?
Well, I started this blog...way back in May of 2007. Wow. But then I went through a reconstruction phase, deleted a lot of my old posts and started fresh in December 2011. In July of 2012, I stopped posting once more, but then started back up in January of 2013. But then I went through yet another hiatus phase and just recently started back up in September. I've been relatively active ever since, though I haven't gotten out any new reviews lately because of classes.

2. What kind of stuff to you post about?
Book reviews, blog prompts, and sometimes just general, every day kind of stuff.

3.  What's your favorite book?
Well, isn't that a tough question!? :P I don't know if I could answer this one! The Chronicles of Narnia and the Harry Potter series are what got me back into reading late in middle school/early high school, as well as the Inheritance Cycle and Cornelia Funke's books. I also really enjoyed the Spiderwick Chronicles...oh, there are just so many lovely books I've enjoyed! I guess you could say that recently, my most favorite has probably been The Raven Boys.

4. What's your favorite movie adaptation of a book?
I don't know if I have one of those, because generally, I am gravely disappointed. The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke, the movie edition, was pretty good, if somewhat old. Most others I'm pretty mad about... I liked the Harry Potter movies as well, though they aren't always as close to the books as I would have liked...

5.  If you could travel to any book land, where would you go?
Another tough one. Narnia & Hogwarts are up on top, though.

6.  What book character is most like you, and why?
I've never come across a book character that is like me. Generally, the characters that I end up liking are, in a sense, what I'd like to come across as.....mysterious. :P But in all honestly, I haven't ever found one that really matches my own personality.

7.  What made you want to start blogging?
I can't really remember, originally. I guess I wanted to review books, and since I hang out on Shelfari a lot, blogging seemed like a good way to do that. Recently, though, I just wanted to since I have been feeling bad about putting it off for so long and not having that creative outlet anymore. Also, a bunch of my online friends seemed to be just getting into the blogging craze so I wanted to give it another shot.

8. What's your favorite kind of music?
Oh another tough one! I love so many genre variations, and I usually go through phases of what I like to listen to. Generally, it just depends on my mood. I like Alternative/Pop, Kpop, Soundtracks/Epic Instrumental, Classical Crossover, Latino, and some Country.

9.  Who's your favorite band/artist?
Impossible! There are just too many to choose from! I really like, as of right now, Ellie Goulding, Florence + the Machine, Two Steps from Hell, BIGBANG, but there is just so much more!

10. What are you doing for Thanksgiving?
Ah, Break....I cannot wait!!! I believe we're going to my grandparent's on my mom's side for the day, which is always fun, and then the day after everyone's going to my uncle and his fiancée's wedding. :)


My 10 Blog Nominations:***












My 10 Questions for my Nominees:****

1. When did you first begin blogging?
2. What kind of blog do you have?
3. Favorite book genres?
4. Favorite books/series/authors?
5. Favorite pastimes outside of reading?
6. Book you're most looking forward to in 2014?
7. Favorite book from this past year?
8. Favorite music (genre/groups/artists)?
9. Favorite book to movie adaption?
10. Thanksgiving plans?


Hope everyone accepts! And have fun!


Darkitty

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination Jen! :)
    I'll try and get to this soon.
    You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! :)
      Cool.
      Aw, and thanks. :P

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination, girly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you accepted! Awesome post chicky- love your replies :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...