Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday VII


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by 

November 26: Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For (could be bookish or not -- up to you)

So like for this one, I wasn't quite sure if I was going to do something book related or not...it seemed kind of hard for that, too vague of a question. In retrospect, doing something more in general would allow for one or two bookish things to become included, possibly. So for this Top Ten Tuesday, I am listing the Top Ten Things I am Thankful For this year.


10.
Chocolate, Cookies, Ice Cream, & Tea
I could say food, but that seems to fit more under health and prosperity and I don't want to sound metaphysical in any way, not do I want to sound sarcastic. So...I am thankful for chocolate and cookies and ice cream and tea, and I am not afraid to say so. Okay, food. I like food...
9.
Art
I'm thankful for art, for being able to be creative myself and also for being able to appreciate different artforms and learn more about them, especially this past semester. I had a lovely museum trip earlier last week and it made me really want to start exploring some more museums next year. I also really want to get back into my more traditional art, sketching, along with continuing to work with my photography, and Adobe CS6.
8.
Movies
I like movies. I like having another escape versus just my own imagination or reading. I enjoy films that are well done, that make you both laugh and cry. I weep with joy when one actually follows the book's plot. I've even come to like the ones that make you hide behind your hands, but only for alittle bit, mind you. I like getting submerged in the plot and the character's lives. I also like to fangirl over my lovelies, but that's besides the point....
7.
Music
Oh, where would I be without my music?! I would be lost, utterly lost without it! There is just too much to name and too much to sing along with, to head bash and air guitar, to lip sync and dance with until you collapse from exhaustion. I need my music as an escape, or as background music for car rides or when I'm writing or even reading. It makes me feel epic.
6.
Writing
I enjoy writing, and I've enjoyed getting back into blogging. I really enjoy rpging, and I've felt bad I haven't touched any of my novels recently. I hope to do so over Break. I love creating characters and setting and plot, and watching it take on a life of its own right before my eyes. I love plotting. I hope to one day be able to share something completed...
5.
Books
And I love my books. I love reading books, appreciating beautiful book covers, swooning over lovelies, sobbing over unfortunate deaths, giggling evilly at all the lovely plottings. I love collecting books, both ones that I've enjoyed, ones that I plan to read one day, and old books, that might possibly be worth something in future... I haven't converted to Kindle as of yet, for while there are many advantages to having a virtual library, I still love the smell, and the feel of a book in my hands.
4.
Money
As miserly as that may sound, money is something we cannot live without. I guess in a broader sense I am thankful that I have a well paying job that I've been able to keep for five years now, and that I was able to purchase my new Mac while also attending school, and while I might complain now, I know it's going to be worth it in the end. I am thankful my family has a roof over our heads and that my dad works so hard to provide for us and my mom works so hard as well helping him along with educating my younger siblings. I guess I'm just thankful that we're doing okay. Also, money buys books and music and movies and chocolate and cookies and ice cream and tea and that makes a girl plenty happy. :P
3.
Pets
With the death of our family cat earlier on this month, I have felt our other pets, especially out cats, becoming more affectionate. They know when something's up. I feel our two outdoor cats have become closer, maybe not just to each other, but to home, and to me. Oliver is just the sweetest thing ever, so affectionate. Gus is generally a wanderer, but he's been sticking around more and coming up to me more often, and I've caught him crying at Buddy's grave and it's so sweet but heartbreaking. And then there's my three indoor spoiled brats, who have always hung out in my room, hogging the bed night and day. The brother and sister, Caspian and Cupcake, have always been close, and Sebastian still acts very much like a kitten, getting into everything and having random energy spurts without warning. Oh yeah, and our dogs.....but I am a cat person, so what did you expect?
2.
Health
I'm thankful for overall health, for my family and my friends and myself. I keep my aunt in my prayers as she continues to reign victoriously over her constant battle with cancer.
1.
Family & Friends
I am thankful for my family, and for my closer friends, who I hope to see more over Winter Break.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and for those of us in school, a lovely, well deserved Break! I would like to squeeze in a review this month but I'm not quite sure if I'm going to manage that. I also know that I'm going to be very busy during the next two weeks with finals and then busy with extra work hours as soon as that's over with and then the holidays will be upon us! I really wish finals were before Thanksgiving, ya know? Not enough time to really get into the holiday spirt, especially when there's so much stress... So I might not get to everything I had planned for this or next month, but we will just have to wait and see.....


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


1 comment:

  1. Great top ten, really heartfelt :) And I totally agree with everything you listed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...