TAG created on YouTube by TheBookArcher. Original video here.
Finally getting around to this...took me long enough. :P
I'm actually not going to tag anyone this time around, but if you see this and you'd like to participate, just give it a whirl and make sure to link back. :)
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
I really couldn’t think of someone for this… I’m sure there is someone, but their very existence is alluding me at present.
6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.
7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
I had to take some extra time to decide on this one. I don't usually reach for the super popular books, nor do I like it when a series is all hyped up. I like to be able to get into a book, a book that may not be all that popular, and just feel connected to the characters and those few that also really enjoyed this book for being utterly perfect.So I think the one series that I probably won't ever read would be the Matched trilogy.
9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
But that being said, I’ve really liked the movie adaptations so far. There were well down, and since I wasn't too into the books, minor alterations in plot line and character details didn't bother me all that much. Except Cinna. They messed up Cinna.
I just never got the big hype over these books. They didn’t grab me. But I loved the movies.