Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Unpopular Opinions Book TAG


TAG created on YouTube by TheBookArcher. Original video here.

I was tagged by the lovely Brittany over at Thisisthestoryofmyreadinglife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally getting around to this...took me long enough. :P

I'm actually not going to tag anyone this time around, but if you see this and you'd like to participate, just give it a whirl and make sure to link back. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.

Vampire Academy. I don’t get it. I feel like so many people liked this series, or at least latter volumes thereof, but I barely made it through the first book without wanting to claw my eyes out. Needless to say, I wasn't a fan...


2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love. 

This ones a bit tricky, since I don't generally get on board the bandwagon unless I really, really like a book or series. And then there are those few books that I sort of liked but aren't entirely unpopular either. I think the closet book I can chose for this would be Twilight, since there are/were such mixed feelings, and isn't new anymore so there's no longer all this hype. I personally liked this book. I didn't obsess over it, mind you. But I loved the writing and the story was interesting. Never finished the series, though...


3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like. 

Okay, so. Love triangles. I always like the guy that doesn't get the girl so it's sort of hard to narrow this one down. I never like the cannon OTP, either. So, without spoiling the precise details, I was not entirely happy with So Silver Bright’s conclusion to its little love triangle.


4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for. 

I don’t reach for the romance, but I don’t mind it as a subplot. Too much, and it just aggravates me mostly. But I also dislike dystopian in general.


5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.

I really couldn’t think of someone for this… I’m sure there is someone, but their very existence is alluding me at present.


6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into. 

Holly Black. I haven't really read much by her, so I can't make a unbiased judgement on her writing style. I've always wanted to read more by her, but I've heard a lot of people disliked some of her books and one of the few that I did finish, I wasn't too crazy about...


7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)

I really, really dislike the whole corrupt government, rebel forces, dystopian genre. I don’t really know what it is exactly that bothers me so much about it, it’s popularity that I just can’t seem to get, it’s dreary storyline, the fact that it feels overgeneralized, or its sometimes see-through plot direction. Yeah.


8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

I had to take some extra time to decide on this one. I don't usually reach for the super popular books, nor do I like it when a series is all hyped up. I like to be able to get into a book, a book that may not be all that popular, and just feel connected to the characters and those few that also really enjoyed this book for being utterly perfect.
So I think the one series that I probably won't ever read would be the Matched trilogy.


9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?

The Hunger Games. I really didn't like these books.
But that being said, I’ve really liked the movie adaptations so far. There were well down, and since I wasn't too into the books, minor alterations in plot line and character details didn't bother me all that much. Except Cinna. They messed up Cinna. 
I just never got the big hype over these books. They didn’t grab me. But I loved the movies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...