Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mid-year Book Freakout


Originally from A Book So Fathomless. Here’s their post!

Discovered this prompt via Brittany over at This is the Story of My (Reading) Life. Here's her post! :)


So I am a bit behind in getting this out, but hey! It's still summertime and better late than never. :P


1. Best book you've read so far in 2015.
Hands down, it’s gotta be Dream Thieves. Gaaawd, did I ever love this book!!! It was also one of the first books I got to so its set the bar preeeetty darn high for the rest of the year.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.
This is a trick question, yeah? Well then I guess I’m going to have to go with Blue Lily, Lily Blue for this one, my second favoritest book so far this year.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
Is there any I have read? Hmm... Well, I guess I'll go with A Court of Thorns and Roses for this one.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Carry On. Duh.

5. Biggest disappointment.
Scarlet. I just didn’t like it as mush as others made it seem I would…

6. Biggest surprise.
Fangirl. So happy.

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you).
Rainbow Rowell.

8. Newest fictional crush.
Urrrrrrrrgh, do you know how hard this one is? Like, you seriously want me to just narrow down my options. Good lord.
I guess it would probably be Hunter.

9. Newest favourite character.
My favorite usually IS the crush. Silly.

10. Book that made you cry.
Books usually don’t make me cry. Like, ever. But I think the one book that really messed with my emotions was Simon. I was a freaking mess that weekend.

11. Book that made you happy.
Fan Art. Yes. It made me mucho happy.

12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year. 
Gotta say, the Hunger Games film adaptions I am loving a whole lot more than I did the books…which I didn’t much care for at all. I finally got to see Mockingjay Part 1 this month.

But I also have to note that I also finally saw the third Hobbit movie. While I’m not entirely pleased with how much they changed (or why they even needed to stretch it out into three films), I did enjoy it as a movie.

13. Favourite review you've written this year.
Well, I haven’t written that many so far, and they’ve mostly been for graphic novels, but I think my favorite would be a tie between Fan Art & In Real Life.

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received).
Well, it would have to be Kiss of the Rose Princess: 5. I am loving this art, and the story is fricking hilarious.

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Like, a couple hundred, but hell is that gonna happen. Hey, I'm not gonna even bother with this one. I'm just trying to get through the summer...

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it! And it's still totally mid-year. :)
    Simon! Simon should be on every list. Every post. Just everything!
    I really want to read Fan Art. Will it give me the Simon feels I need? My library doesn't look like it's getting it any time soon. So if you say it, I will buy it.
    Oh Hunter. Just wait until you get to his book. ;)
    I would definitely suggest getting to ACOTAR ASAP. <3 <3 <3
    Sadness about Scarlet. Hard to pick but I think it's my favourite of the 3(4? Do I count Fairest?).
    Carry On is almost here. Kind of. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! :D
      Haha, truuuue. :P
      I really want you to read Fan Art. xD Yeah, I had to get it through interlibray loan since my library didn't have it. I read it pretty quickly, too. I think I liked Simon a bit more, style wise, but I really liked the bromance/bff crushing. :P And I've been debating buying it myself.
      I caaaaaaan't wait. xD
      It's my next book on the tbr pile. :D
      Eh. I'm disappointed that I didn't like it more, because I really really wanted to. But Scarlet just aggravated me soooo much. I think the audio kinda ruined it for me. If I had read it, maybe I might have enjoyed it more. =/ I liked the whole concept, and I loooooved Wolf, but....yeah. I haven't read the rest of the series yet....
      Caaaaaaaaan't waaaaaait! Eeeeep! xD

      Delete
    2. Apparently Fan Art is available at my library as a physical book. But I never use my library for that. Just OverDrive. This means I will have to go in and prove I'm real so I can borrow it. Lol. I don't think anything will compare to Simon but I want something that will be like it. :D
      Are you going to start Spark soon? Gabriel = life.
      YES!!!!!
      Yes, I've had audio's ruin my enjoyment of a book as well. Hmmm... I don't think you'll have any problems with Cress. You'll love it. And yes! Wolf is my fave too. I love Throne the most. But not in a romance kind of way.

      Delete
    3. Haha! xD I use my library rather frequently...but only because I work there. I make other people put all my stuff on hold and just grab it before I leave. xD And yes, it's rather high up there on my favorites for the year. I hope you like it if you get to it. :)
      I hope so. If not this month, then next, definitely. I just have so much on the pile right now (Spark included).
      :D :D :D
      It was really a letdown, especially since I loooooved Cinder. =/ But regardless of my annoyance with the MC, I still gave it a highish rating. OH YES AND THORNE!!! xD He was the best. Him and Wolf really made the book better for me. :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...