Monday, July 20, 2015

Make Me Read It Read-A-Thon Winners!

More information can be found here at The Innocent Smiley.

So as I posted last week (original post), I am taking part in the Make Me Read It Read-A-Thon. It began at 8 am today and ends at 12 am on July 27th. It is now time to announce the winners. Seven of the books I opted for got votes, but I'm going with the top three novels and the top graphic novel. Hopefully I'll be able to get to them all, but we'll see what happens. :) As I also said before, I will definitely review the books I read during the read-a-thon.

Now without further ado...




The graphic novel I will be reading iiiiiiiiiss........


Batgirl 1: Batgirl of Burnside
I haven't read many DC or Marvel comics, but I've been slowly branching out this summer. This is a new book and it looks like a pretty fun read so I'm hoping I'll enjoy it. :)

And the novels are.........



3. Every Day
I really don't know much about this book, except it's been staring out at me from the shelves for several months now. I actually just realized it is by an author that I swore never to read another book by again, but.... I guess I'll give it a whirl, if I manage to get to it at the end of the week.


2. City of Bones
I've been meaning to read this book for years, and I mean years. I feel like I really should have read it a long time ago and that I might not enjoy it as much now...but I've never read anything by Cassandra Clare, and I would very much like to read her Infernal Devices series, as well as the Bane Chronicles, so I gotta start somewhere. I'm debating between reading or listening. Thoughts?

1. Eleanor and Park
This book received the most votes so I will be starting off with this first. I thoroughly enjoyed  Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl earlier in the year and I am looking forward to this as well. I have the audiobook out currently so I know I'll be able to breeze right through it...if this week goes according to plan. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Good luck with your reading! I'm trying to get more into the comics as well.
    I've not listened to a Clare audio but I've heard they're not bad. So maybe give it a listen and see if the narrator sounds good enough for your listening pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      This week was much busier than I had anticipated...but I think I'll manage to read Batgirl & E&P at the very least. :)
      I'm probably going to try and listen to CoB next week...but if I decide the narrator is not to my liking, I will switch to reading it. :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...