Sunday, October 27, 2013

Showcase Sunday III


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme run by Books, Biscuits, and Tea. Its purpose is to give bloggers a chance to show off any book related news from the previous week, such as books you've gotten.

So I got a few more books, for school and for Halloween. I really need to get less, though, since I hardly have anytime at all to read anything recently. I hoard books, all the time, thinking I'll have more time than I do. :P

The Metamorphoses of Ovid
I picked up Ovid's Metamorphoses because I am writing a sculpture comparison for one of my art history classes and one of the sculptures' myth, the one of Apollo and Daphne, is featured in this book. I might not read the whole thing, since it's quite a mouth full and is as heavy as your basic dictionary...but it is very interesting...


The Metamorphoses (or The Golden Ass) by Apuleius
I got to explore my college library for this one, and I'm a bit annoyed I couldn't find the cover online (it's red with golden lettering) or at least a good picture of it. So this is not the correct edition, but oh well... It's actually in two volumes, and I also picked up several other translations and explanations regarding Apuleius' Metamorphoses. My other sculpture's myth, of Cupid and Psyche, is featured in this book. I probably won't read it all, either...


A Monster Calls
And then I picked up one last book for Halloween, saw it on display at one of my libraries in the YA section and decided to just snatch it up. I've got a lot of thin, creepy books this years since I really don't have time for any of the thick ones. Really, I like tiny books. :) Plus there's pictures! So yeah, I hope to finish at least one or two of my Halloween picks before the month is through....



Darkitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...